Drive through the Marina Bay entrance, and our dockhands will be awaiting your arrival to assist you with any needs you may have. Customer Service is our passion, and our staff is trained to provide you with a safe and enjoyable experience each and every time you visit the Marina.
Whether you desire fishing, recreational boating, or simply a relaxing weekend getaway, we will provide you with the gateway to these luxuries and more.
The Marina features exceptional floating & covered boat slips, 24-hour security, a ship store, gas dock, and a robust dockside community. Slips range from side ties, half-slips, covered slips and 26-foot floating dock slips to 90-foot outside tie slips on the Marina’s multiple floating docks.
Marina Bay offers the boat slips and services of Lake Murray Marina, as well as boat rentals at Better Boat Rental and boat club memberships at Lake Murray Boat Club. As soon as guests are off the water, they will be able to stroll over to Liberty Tap Room on the Lake for signature gourmet burgers, a full bar, and outdoor, elevated seating that will have brilliant sunset views.
Lake Murray Marina at Marina Bay is a flagship, onsite partner of the Arnold Companies, the commercial real estate development firm based out of Columbia, SC. The luxury rental apartments known as The Residence at Marina Bay were built in 2012 and are now available for occupancy. The Marina Bay motto? Eat, Boat, Live!
Located 25 minutes from downtown Columbia, Lake Murray Marina is near the major shopping, dining and entertainment district at Harbison, and the nationally acclaimed Riverbanks Zoo & Botanical Gardens are just a short drive on I-26. Marina Bay is convenient to The Columbia Metropolitan Airport as well as major interstates.
- Lake Murray Marina Ship’s Store has ice, beverages, snacks & boating supplies
- 4 state of the art floating open docks & 1 covered dock
- Metered electric, running water and cable TV access at each slip
- Dock box rentals available
- Free SeaTow Membership
- Well lit parking lot and lighted walkways on docks
- Friendly family atmosphere
- Fuel dock is open year round and specially designed for all size vessels
- Waste pump-out facilities with easy access to our fuel dock at no charge to members
- Marine Grade Fuel – ValvTect
- 24 Hour security surveillance
- Public restrooms, private shower and laundry facilities
- Overnight transient dockage available for visitors
- Pontoon/boat rentals available nearby
- Minutes from grocery store, restaurants, post office, hardware store and pharmacy
- Lake Murray Marina has one of the most beautiful sunsets on the lake
- “Charge to account” capabilities at fuel dock & ship store
- Dock carts available
- Friendly, courteous and well trained staff that walks the docks daily – we pride ourselves in providing the best customer service on Lake Murray!
- Multiple member events like picnics and holiday parties
- Learn more at http://www.marinabaysc.com
History of Lake Murray
Lake Murray, named in honor of chief engineer William S. Murray, was completed in 1930 and is owned by SCE&G. It covers approximately 78 square miles of land and provides electricity for South Carolina’s entire Midlands region. Originally inhabited by the Catawba and Cherokee Indians, the area that is now Lake Murray was eventually settled by European immigrants, primarily of Dutch and German origin. In order to build Lake Murray, the Lexington Water Power Company (SCE&G’s predecessor) relocated 5000 citizens and removed three churches, six schools, and 2000 graves. The Saluda Dam, which was once the largest earthen dam in the world, is 1 mile wide and 208 feet high.
Moorage License Highlights
- Annual leases only
- You are required to provide proof of insurance & updated registration to the marina office
- No swimming in the marina basin
- Please do not attach any objects to dock
- No grills on dock
- Please pump out! DO NOT dispense waste water into Lake Murray
- No in-slip fueling
- Pets welcome, but they must remain on a leash and please clean after them
- Keep Lake Murray clean and beautiful!
About Lake Murray Marina at Marina Bay
Lake Murray Marina at Marina Bay is located on the northeast corner of beautiful Lake Murray, 25 minutes from downtown Columbia, South Carolina. With over 600 miles of shoreline, Lake Murray spans four counties: Newberry, Lexington, Richland and Saluda County.
Lake Murray has been a source of family boating and fun for many years, beginning with the clearing of the land in 1927 in order to build the Lake Murray Dam. While the marina at 1600 Marina Road has changed names and owners over the decades, it has maintained the best location on Lake Murray, with a deep water cove and ample parking facilities just moments from the town of Irmo, SC and the Harbison shopping, dining and entertainment district.
Lake Murray Marina at Marina Bay has taken it a step further by offering excellent customer service and a friendly, secure dockside community with state-of-the-art, concrete-decked docking facilities, a ship store and gas dock, 24-hour security, and slips ranging from side ties, half-slips, covered slips and 26-foot floating dock slips to 90-foot outside tie slips on the Marina’s multiple floating docks.
Added benefits come from our partners at Marina Bay, including The Residence at Marina Bay, Lake Murray Boat Club, Better Boat Rental, and Liberty on the Lake restaurant. We can’t help but be the “Best Marina on Lake Murray!”